Linen Care Guide
Linen is a natural fabric made from the fibers of the flax plant. It is valued for its breathability, comfort, and classic appearance. Proper care is essential to maintain the quality and longevity of linen garments. Here are some tips for linen care:
- Hand wash or machine wash linen in maximum (40 °C /104 °F)
- If using a washing machine, set it to a delicate or gentle cycle and garment should be kept to a minimum to avoid fabric wear.
- If you prefer hand washing, use cold water and a mild detergent. Gently agitate the water to clean the garment without causing unnecessary stress to the fibers.
- Use a mild detergent to prevent damage to the fibers.
- Wash linen items separately or with similar colors to prevent color bleeding. This is especially important for the first few washes.
- Turn the garment inside out before washing to minimize abrasion.
- Don't overcrowd the washing machine or sink. This ensures that the linen garments have enough space to move freely during the washing process.
- Air-dry linen to prevent shrinkage and maintain the fabric's shape. Lay the garment flat on a clean, dry towel or hang it on a padded hanger.
- Avoid hanging linen in direct sunlight for extended periods, as this can cause fading.
- If using a dryer, use a low heat setting to prevent excessive shrinkage.
- Remove linen from the dryer while it is still slightly damp to minimize wrinkles.
- Be gentle when handling wet linen, as it becomes more prone to stretching when damp.
- Linen tends to wrinkle easily, so ironing is often necessary.
- Iron the garment while it is still slightly damp for best results
- Use a low to medium heat setting on the iron.
*Please, keep in mind Ironing is not necessary, linen clothes are often left naturally creased.
- Attend to stains promptly to prevent them from setting.
- Blot stains rather than rubbing to avoid spreading the stain.
- For stubborn stains, consider professional dry cleaning.
- Use delicate detergents and no bleachers
EXTRA RECOMMENDATION CARE FOR LINEN WOOL GARMENTS
- Tumble dry allow to be used
- Wash inside out only
- Iron in low heat only
- No Bleaching
Note: Fabric with this type of finish is recomended to be washed in a larger quantity of water. Some dust and loose linen fibers can appear after washing.
CARE RECOMMENDATION FOR ITEMS WITH LINEN LACE
After washing repair and stretch lace and attaching seams by hands and dry item hanging or flatly. Just spend some time and you will have your item looking newly again.
By following these steps, you can wash your linen clothes effectively while preserving their quality and ensuring they last longer.